Snowy Landscape at Sunset. "School of Visual Arts"




This is the completion of a painting I copied as part of a course at the "School of Visual Arts". I added bright cadmium yellow to the sky to add brilliance, and i added yellow to the cadmium red to increase the orange tones of sunset. I also smoothed the snow into flat interweaving planes, simplifying the pattern, broken by occasion bushes. I added a few highlights to the diagonally placed stream and I added flake white and yellow with reds to the central snow, showing it as an area on which the last fading rays of light illuminated. I have shown the earlier version of the painting as well, to demonstarte the most recent adaptions.

 The teacher is Lucy Gould Reutzfeld, and she is teaching us to create luminous light filled landscapes. Her website is below...